Champions General Service Unit (GSU) overpowered former champions Kenya Prisons at the concluded Kenya Volleyball league at Nyayo stadium.
In the final match on Sunday, GSU won in straight sets of 25-23, 25-18 and 25-16 to join Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), Kenya Prisons and newcomers TrailBlazers who have qualified for the play-offs that will be held in two weeks time.
GSU and KPA finished joint top on the standings with 40 points from 15 matches, Kenya Prisons are third with 37 points, while TrailBlazers are fourth with 36 points from 15 matches
In other matches, Vihiga County beat Nyanza Prisons 3-0 (25-14,25-15,25-20)
On Saturday, Trail Blazers and champions General Service Unit (GSU) maintained their superlative performance.
Blazers were 3-1 winners against Nairobi Prison ahead of tomorrow’s final matches as they search for play-offs positions.
They won in 21-25, 25-20, 25-20 and 25-20 to earn 33 points cumulatively from 14 matches as they face their final match on Sunday against three-year-old Rift Valley Prisons.
Champions GSU beat Kenya Forest Service (KFS) in straight sets of 25-22, 25-22 and 25-15 are second on the table with 37 points behind leaders Kenya Ports Authority (KPA).
KPA and former champions Kenya Prisons just as GSU have accumulated 37 points ahead of their final matches on Sunday.
- KFS 0-3 GSU (25-22, 25-22 and 25-14)
- NAIROBI PRISON 1-3 TRAILBLAZERS (25-21, 20-25, 21-25 and 20-25)
- KDF 3-0 RIFT VALLEY PRISONS (25-23, 25-21 and 25-21)
- TrailBlazers 3-1 Rift Valley Prisons
- Vihiga County 3-0 Mombasa Prisons 3-0 (25-14,25-15,25-20)
- Kenya Prisons 0-3 GSU (25-23, 25-18 and 25-16)
- Central Prisons vs Kenya Ports Authority